Have you already forgotten what your New Year's Resolution was? Well we have a tool that you can use to help get you back on track with your goal, or adopt as your new resolution to help improve your confidence and happiness as well as feel more at peace.
Positive affirmations. Now I can already feel the skepticism emanating out of your body and honestly I was the same when I first heard about this technique. For those of you who aren't quite sure what I'm talking about yet, affirmations are positive, specific statements that help you to overcome self-sabotaging, negative thoughts. All you need to do is choose a statement and repeat it to yourself daily. Write it down, put it on your vision board, stick it on your mirror or fridge. A concept so simple but also so powerful once you believe in it.
Write your own, or use one from the list below as inspiration, but most importantly, don't knock it until you try it. And by try it we mean commit, don't try it one morning and then give up!
- I am strong.
- I deserve a healthy, fit body and today I claim it!
- I am beautiful, I am fit, I am healthy; and more so every day!
- Creative energy surges through me and leads me to new and brilliant ideas.
- I love my body.
- I am superior to negative thoughts and low actions.
- I am healthy.
- I am getting better every day.
- I am free to make my own choices.
- I acknowledge my own self-worth; my confidence is soaring
- I am growing.
- I am enough.
- I am moving forward daily.
- I am a powerhouse; I am indestructible.
- I'm making the best choices for my body.
- Everything that is happening now is happening for my ultimate good.
- I am not controlled by stress, fear, or anxiety.