Guest feature by: Brooke Hutchinson!
Holy Guacamole! Say ‘nana’ to Tired Skin with this DIY Beauty Hack!
Surely by now you’re well aware that Health Lab are all about natural, HONEST, healthy products?! If you still need a little more convincing, look no further than this extremely simple, no fuss face mask our brilliant boss lady Jess demonstrated on Studio 10.
That’s right; this DIY hack for busy babes made it onto a breakfast talk show. We think that’s a good enough indicator of how amazing it is! Heck, even Jessica Rowe thinks it’s pretty darn good!... and not just as a rejuvenating face mask but as a simple, tasty dip.
Not to forget, we’re all about ‘innovation’ at Health Lab ;)
Banana, avocado, egg yolk…? Sounds ‘Tasty’
Ok, so maybe it’s a combination better suited for using as an external skin remedy. But why are we totally in love with these three ingredients ?
Bananas Brilliant Benefits
- B-vitamins: stops those nasty free radicals from causing premature aging
- Lectin: kills bad bacteria responsible for giving you unwanted blemishes
- Potassium: for moisturised, hydrated skin
- Zinc: keeps those awful acne-causing germs at bay & far away!
- Vitamin A: smoothes your skin whilst helping minimise the appearance of dark spots & acne scars
- Amino Acid: maintains skin elasticity whilst nourishing it too!
- Vitamin C: an essential nutrient for collagen production & prevents your skin producing too much oil
- Oleic acid: the flesh of an avocado contains 63% oleic acid (and what does that mean exactly…?? WELL, your skin will stay super dang hydrated is what it means!!)
- Vitamin C: assists in the development of your skin’s elastin & collagen, helping keep your skin cells nice & firm!
- Vitamin E: reduces the damaging effects of sun exposure on the skin (PLEASE NOTE: this doesn’t mean you shouldn’t slather on sunscreen when outdoors, babes!)
- Omega-9 fatty acids: gives you a healthy, glowing complexion due to the skin-moisturizing fats avo contains
Yolks for Youthfulness
- Protein: repairs skin whilst boosting its elasticity
- Vitamin A: prevents skin dryness & itchiness
- Vitamin B2: say ‘bye bye’ to free radical damage with the help of egg yolk!
- Vitamin B3: not only hydrates but calms inflammatory conditions
- Zinc: makes the skin aging process slow the heck down! PLUS, can reduce the appearance of acne & pimples (could you ask for any more?!?!)
Now that you well & truly know how good this mask is, you can make it for yourself following these easy steps!
Simple Steps to Silky-Soft Skin
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 banana
- Egg yolk
- Mash the avocado & the banana separately
- Mix together the avo & banana with the egg yolk until you get a uniform consistency
- Smooth across your face, leaving it on for approximately 10–15 minutes
- Rinse off with lukewarm water
Making your own avocado face mask is as easy as it is fun! Whenever you’re not mashing up the avocados for your skin treatment, you can eat them instead: we just can’t.AVO-NOUGH!
Sliced on toast, mixed into a salad or mashed into a face mask-- we’ll use avocado in as many ways as possible to claim the multitude of benefits this superfood has to offer! Not to forget how skin-nourishing bananas and egg yolks are in combination with it!
So stop reading & start rejuvenating that skin of yours, babe!