Guest feature by: Brooke Hutchinson
Settle your Rumbling Tum ALL Morning Long with these Tasty Hot Cakes!
As seen on Studio 10, demonstrated by our founder Jess, this is a brekkie option you MUST try! Got no time? Trying to stay healthy? Need to feed more than one person? WE GOT YOUR BACK, BABES! These banana pancakes are for the whole family to enjoy… or for just you! It’s important to indulge every now and then after all. At least with these pancakes, like our honest snacks, you can tuck into them and enjoy guilt-free!
Not Your Typical Pancakes
“Why is it the ultimate recipe?”, you may be asking? Well, the ingredients speak for themselves;
- Using low GI oats are a slow release source of energy, keeping you fuller for longer!
- Full of fibre, protein & antioxidants, chia seeds make these pancakes perfect for those on a plant-based diet or anyone wanting a super food fix!
- Go loco for Coco[nut] ;) It’s a great source of natural fatty acids (good fats)
- An EGGcellent addition; one of THE most nutritious foods, eggs are chock-a-block full of vitamin A, Folate, Calcium, zinc…. And so.much.MORE!
What’s even better? “They literally only take a few minutes to cook and they’re ready to go – no whisking or sifting required”-- quote our fabulous Jess on Studio 10.
- 1-2 ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp oats (low GI is out preference)
- 1 egg
- Simply mash the bananas in the bowl using the fork
- Add the dessicated coconut, chia seeds and the oats to the banana mixture
- Mix all of the ingredients together in the bowl and then sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon or nutmeg through (this is optional)
- Once that’s all combined, crack an egg and and mix that through
- With all of the ingredients combined, scoop a heaped tablespoon into a hot pan with some coconut oil (or butter, or whatever you prefer #DoYou). Flatten them down with your spoon or spatula
IT’S THAT SIMPLE! You can even spice them up (literally) with a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg. Alternatively, add some organic ground cocoa or cocoa nibs for a chocolatey twist ideal for Easter.
For the everyday pancake eater, top with some Greek yoghurt, pure canadian maple syrup or organic honey (if you like a little extra natural sweetness). Slice some banana on top or mixed berries (fresh or frozen) to get an extra serving of your fruit for the day. Or, just eat them straight from the pan!!... Studio 10’s Jess Rowe knows what we’re talking about ;)
Have Breakfast Sorted for the WHOLE Week!
Not only are these little flat cakes delightful to eat but they’re super time saving too! They’re just as delicious cold; you can cook them the night before or be extra efficient and cook a big batch for the week. This way you can consistently treat yourself AND the kids to a nutritious brekkie on-the-go.